PhotoBen750 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, September 15, 2024

    Photography: Classic Pentax K1000

    https://www.reddit.com/r/AmateurPhotography/s/pW6uGKZXKe

    I have always enjoyed being a photographer way more than being the subject. At first I used a combination of classic automatic and disposable cameras of the 80’s 90’s, but in 1992 my uncle gave me my first real camera the Pentax K1000. That would send me on a photographic journey that has been life long. 

    I would take hundred of photos with this Pentax camera maybe 600-700 that were developed. That 20+ rolls of film. Development would become less expensive, but I remember paying $7-8 for back Kodak T-Max Film 24 or 36 exp.  Not really knowing how good the shots were, it would cost about $15 to get development. Then you have to select the ones you like and have the printed larger. This would quickly get expensive.

    In 2003 I would get my first digital camera the Nikon Coolpix 4300, I believe 3-4 MP. Now I could take as many pictures I wanted without buying film and printing individual images had become way more reasonable. I would take thousands of images before I would get a new digital camera about a year later. My next camera would be the Fuji Finpix S 7000 6.3 MP (12.3 MP interpolated). I would take thousands more before eventually moving to my iPhone as my main camera where I have taken over 30,000 pictures and videos.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K1000

    No comments: