PhotoBen750 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, September 11, 2024

    Tri-Level Display - Evolution of a Speed Champions Stage

     


    Originally I constructed a single level display with a range of background options to stage Lego Speed Champion to be photographed. Eventually the stage grew to allow for multiple models, but felt crowded. That is when I up graded to the new Tri-Level Display.

    The foundation was started with a White Baseplate 32x32-stud 11026 Dark Gray Base Plate 16x32-stud

    Then I build an outline foundation with three separate levels. Next covered them with road plates for LEGO® City Road Plates set 60304. Next I looked at some of the design features from the old stage to include or build on.

    Eventually I would work on floor patterns and color combinations that worked with the pieces that I had. Once the back wall was established I worked my way out keeping a sense of cemetery with both side walls. Even though the two wall are made with different pieces I use color and shape to creat lines of consistency.

    Making large MOC builds can be challenging to have all the correct pieces on had. When I am working an idea, sometimes I will places other pieces in as temporary substitute, so I can move forward that idea. Sometimes substitutes become the new idea.

    In this new model same as in the old, I wanted a way to customize it quickly for different models placed on the display. You can see the white trim around the floor and the color on the walls are all strategically placed studs for holding these elements.

    For examples of the earlier versions:

    MOC Stage Build Lego Display https://www.reddit.com/r/lego/s/0EvC0qgPFi

    How did you make the background/garage look superb?! - Speed Champions display stage https://www.reddit.com/r/legospeedchampions/s/xrNsJdlcrU

    ꓭiB ® Built in Brick

    BiB #BuiltinBrick #Lego

    Built-in-Brick Lego

    No comments: