PhotoBen750 Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 18, 2010

    Magandang Umaga Blazing Araw

    Just past 8:00 AM
    The sun is blazing down on me...

    Sweltering rays
    Sweat rolls down the back of my neck

    My lucky sombrero shading my eyes
    The twinkle of glass and metallic surfaces
    Gleam back with pure intensity.

    Pasyal forward I will
    Drinking water
    Cool from within.

    Dark ragged skin of those passing by
    Have no choice but to live under the sun...
    Already aged twice their years...

    Dry so dry...
    Hardly any sign of sweat.
    A rag protrudes from that back
    Of their thin tattered shirt.

    Pasyal forward I go
    With purpose closely observing
    Buildings and Vendors
    Still closed or just getting set up.

    It may still be early for general business
    Life is always moving
    As if it never stopped from the day before...

    Askal wondering from basura to basura
    finding early morning treats

    Panyo passing slowly across my forehead
    I watch my step as I go...
    Don't want to trip
    On uneven ground
    Step in the puddle left
    Last night by heavy rains.

    Local tricycle barkada
    Gathering in uniform lines
    Waiting for their next bayad.

    The Smell of fresh pandesal
    Met in the air by the call of taho
    Time to bumalik sa bahay
    For miryenda

    --------------------------------
    Tagalog Words:
    Magandang Umaga - Good Morning
    Araw - Sun
    Sombrero - Hat
    Pasyal - Walk
    Askal - Street Dog
    basura - Garbage
    Panyo - Handkerchief
    Barkada - Group
    Bayad - Payment or Fare
    Pandesal - Bread
    Taho - Snack made of fresh soft/silken tofu, brown sugar and vanilla syrup, and pearl tapioca.
    Bumalik sa bahay - Return home
    Miryenda - ಸ್ನಚ್ಕ್

    GS Poetry
    http://www.gspoetry.com/magandang-umaga-blazing-araw-life-poems-453077.html

    No comments: